Netflix outraged by the Sussexes’ interviews with its TV competitors

Palace staff make plans for BLOCK Harry and Meghan’s Netflix cams from Jubilee events – after an insider at the broadcasting giant said chiefs were angry at Prince interviewed Queen to rival NBC despite a multimillion-dollar deal

  • Royal aides may act as “escorts” if the film crew follows the couple upon return
  • Netflix chiefs were upset when Harry revealed details of his Windsor meeting last month
  • Frustration builds when the Netflix crew are stalking Harry in Heart Of Invictus

Buckingham Palace staff are making plans to block Harry and Meghan’s cameras on Netflix when they return to the UK for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee events.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are flying from California to join the King in celebration of the 70th anniversary of the throne, although they are banned from the palace balcony to attend the ‘Trooping the Color’ party.

However, the couple is still expected to play an important role, and some royal aides are concerned that there could be tension between the family if the film crew turns up as well.

A good source told The Sun: “Even if they accept that the Netflix crew can’t go to Buckingham Palace to film, they could cause problems — and at least cause a major distraction.

Top courtiers think Netflix will see it as a great opportunity to cash in on the couple’s mega-millions pact.

“So a team of palace aides will be on standby to keep a close eye on the crew, and act as monitors if necessary.”

It comes as Netflix chiefs are said to be upset with the couple’s decision to give amazing interviews to rival TV networks – despite having a multimillion-dollar deal with the streaming giant.

The Mail on Sunday understands that there was a ‘real sense of unease’ when Prince Harry last month revealed details of his meeting with the Queen at Windsor Castle during an interview with NBC.

Netflix chiefs are said to be upset with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s decision to give stunning interviews to rival TV networks – despite a multimillion-dollar deal with the streaming giant.

According to a source, that frustration grew because the Netflix film crew was stalking Harry at the time for Heart Of Invictus, a documentary about his event for wounded and wounded service members and veterans.

“Netflix would have loved the first comments about the Queen’s visit for the documentary,” the insider said. “There was a real feeling of annoyance that they had been sent to another broadcaster.”

In his interview with NBC’s Today show, which aired on April 20, the Duke raised eyebrows by saying, “I’m just making sure she’s protected and has the right people around her.”

In March of last year – a month after announcing their deal with Netflix – Harry and Meghan gave their controversial interview to Oprah Winfrey that was broadcast on CBS.

One industry expert said: “Netflix pays them millions and they do their best interviews with other networks. Do they expect Netflix to be happy about that? “

The broadcasting giant announced last week that it will shelve ‘Pearl’, the animated series Meghan is planning about a 12-year-old girl inspired by famous female characters throughout history.

In March of last year - a month after announcing their deal with Netflix - Harry and Meghan gave a highly controversial interview with Oprah Winfrey that was broadcast on CBS.

In March of last year – a month after announcing their deal with Netflix – Harry and Meghan gave a highly controversial interview with Oprah Winfrey that was broadcast on CBS.

Netflix is ​​looking to cut costs after it lost more than 200,000 customers in the three months to March, and its share price fell from $700 (£567) a year ago to less than $200 (£162).

Harry and Meghan’s list [of projects] They may be in danger because they have announced plans to give educational and inspirational presentations, not exciting and exciting.

“It’s going to be pressure on them to hit it off.” The Sussexes’ deal with Netflix, through Archewell Productions, has been reported to be worth £81 million, but many believe that amount is overstated.

The couple – who stepped back from Royal Life in March 2020 – also struck a contract with streaming giant Spotify.

A spokesperson for Netflix declined to address the claims last night, saying, “Archewell Productions remains an important partner as we continue to work together on a number of projects.”

Leave a Comment